Careers at Big Yellow Service
Last Updated: Friday, 05 March 2021 17:17
Big Yellow Service is now hiring a full-time roll-off truck driver. We are a small family owned business with an immediate opening for a Class A or B CDL driver. Primary responsibilities will be to deliver and pick up dumpsters in Alamance and surrounding counties. Other responsibilities may include operating some construction equipment (Forklift, Excavator, Skid Steer) so experience in this area is also preferred. Also some manual labor will be involved, such as lifting and sorting. Also responsible for upkeep and light maintenance work on the trucks.
- Safely deliver Roll-Off containers to customer job-sites
- Work closely with dispatcher
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
- Must be able able to drive a manual transmission truck. We have both
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and homeowners
- Speak with customers and homeowners to ensure satisfaction
- Maintain relationships with project managers
- Perform Safety Pre-Trip inspections according to DOT guidelines
- Empty containers at disposal sites
- Automatic tarp containers during transport
- Excellent time management skills to ensure always on time
- Safely operate vehicle in all weather conditions
- Navigate high traffic roads, driveways, tight overhead environments
- Highly skilled backing and maneuvering sometimes necessary
- Professional interactions with customers and maintain professional and courteous behavior to all members of public
- Be part of a fun, dynamic team changing the way waste management is done!
IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING TO DO OTHER TASKS BESIDE DRIVE. WE DO OUR OWN MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR ON THE TRUCKS AND DUMPSTERS. THIS IS NOT A SUPER LABOR INTENSIVE JOB, BUT WE DO MANUAL LABOR FROM TIME TO TIME. INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: CHANGING TIRES, CHANGING CABLE ON TRUCKS, CHANGING OIL AND OTHER FLUIDS, TARPING DUMPSTERS AND OTHER TYPES OF MANUAL LABOR TASKS.
WE ARE WILLING TO TEACH ALL SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION TO THE RIGHT PERSON.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Current DOT medical card
- Must provide current vehicle driver’s license and access to driving record
- Current CDL license and clean driving record
- Have own reliable transportation and be on time each day
- Pass a background check
- Pass drug tests before and during employment
- Legally able to work in the US
- Familiarity of Alamance, Guildford and Orange counties
- Bilingual is a plus but not required
If you fit this description well, we don’t care what school you did or did not graduate from. This position could accommodate a full and/or part time driver. We will work with the right candidate to determine the best schedule/hours. The driver will work closely with the owners daily.
If you’re looking for a career with a roll-off dumpster rental company, please complete the below application..
Not Accepting Applications at this time